Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Trivia Whiz!

Last night I played team trivia at a bar in town. I've done this a bunch of times, always with the same people, and usually find it frustrating that I know the answers to very few of the questions. Usually, with a big group, we do well, but they often ask very obscure pop culture or history questions that even a self-professed pop-culture and trivia buff like myself is hard-pressed to answer (e.g. last night's question: what was the name of the high school in Back to the Future?). Anyway, last night I had a rare moment of heroism for my team when I knew the answer to the final question, lifting us from fourth to first place. In fact, based on the other team's scores, one teammate pointed out that I may have been the only person in the whole bar who knew it. How's that for excitement?

Here's the question: Something unusual happened to the following people after they died. What was it? The people are: Charles I of England, Charlie Chaplin, Eva Peron, Anne Boleyn, and Gram Parsons.

Confession time: I didn't actually KNOW the answer for sure. I did know something unusual that happened to one of those people after they died, and it was the only thing that really made sense as an answer...turns out it was correct.

Want to take a guess? I'll post the answer to this question (and the Back to the Future one) tomorrow.