Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oscars

Well, I thought the Oscars started at 7:30, but accidentally slept until 8:30, only to discover that they started at 8:30! Lucky me. What better occasion to blog the occasion. I saw quite a few of the movies this year, so I feel a little more clued-in than usual.

I saw Atonement, No Country for Old Men, Juno, Into the Wild, Gone Baby Gone, Once, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and There Will Be Blood.

Wait, is that it? Now that I look over the list, there were so many more that I wanted to see: Persepolis (which I wanted to see this weekend but ran out of time, mainly due to watching two other movies this weekend), the Savages, Lars and the Real Girl, Ratatouille, La Vie en Rose, Sweeney Todd.

Anyway, my Oscar predictions are always incorrect. Two of my favorite movies of the year, Once and Diving Bell, weren't even nominated for Best Picture. So I'll just pop in with commentary every so often throughout the evening.

First comments: well first of all, I love Jon Stewart, but that just goes without saying. So far he's funny.

The 80-year wrap up is so self-congratulatory that I might just lose interest altogether. No, I will persist...