Thursday, November 08, 2007

Long time no blog

Well, hello there. It's been a while. What's up? How are things? Last time I wrote it was...gosh...WEEKS ago! How's life treating you?

Anyway, I know, I've been an absentee blogger for a long time. I apologize to all four of you out there reading this. Here's a quick catchup:

  • I got new carpet in my apartment! The landlady was really great about it, and had it replaced a month after I moved in. It makes an entire world of difference and I love my apartment so much more now.

  • I did go tailgating, but not the weekend when I said I was going to. It was pretty fun, and I'm glad I went, but it won't be a common occurrence in my future.

  • I went to Boston a few weeks ago and had a great time catching up with some good friends from my European years. We got to enjoy the start of a New England Autumn by going apple-picking:

  • Apple Picking Apple tree window Apples!

  • I saw Dar Williams and They Might Be Giants two nights in a row!

  • I made a great jack o'lantern, but only had two trick-or-treaters. That brings the total number of trick-o-treaters I have had at my house in my adult life to: five.

  • Jack-o-Lantern

  • Two weeks ago, I went to my hometown to attend an awards gala, honoring (amongst other people) my mom! She won an award for being a community "hero". Mom works at the Senior Center and is a really dedicated and hard-working counselor for seniors. I'm so proud! It was kind of a fancy event, with a celebrity host:

  • Me, Mom and Denis