Thursday, June 07, 2007

A denim-clad, water-soaked blast from the past

Today I accidentally (I swear) wound up watching a little of Inside Edition, which is really a blight on our society although every now and then it provides us with amusing pieces of trivia. Tonight I learned that Jennifer Aniston is apparently dating someone new, and the show's researchers (whose mothers must be so proud) dug up some early work of his--the role of The Drowning Man in the Underwater Love Levis commercial shown in Europe 10 years ago when I was studying abroad (although I think I became aware of it afterwards). As a result I also learned that the commercial was directed by Michel Gondry, who directed Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which I loved, and The Science of Sleep, which was just too odd to love.

So there you go.