Thursday, May 24, 2007

School's Out for the Summer

Two weeks ago was the last day of finals around here, and the campus emptied of students that week and was deserted last week. It is fantastic! Remember spring at college? Remember the green grass on the quad, and sitting outside in the sun? That's what's happening now...on my lunch break, at least. Having a peaceful, quiet campus is so much fun. This week, the first summer session started and some students are mingling around, and some middle- and high-school students are around, for science camp or for their first-year orientation days. But it's still relatively peaceful and quiet and I don't have to worry too much about running people over with my car as I drive through campus. It's beautiful.

I'll have a change of scenery for the next week, though: I'm leaving tomorrow for a conference in Minneapolis. I'll have a couple of free days in that time, and aside from hitting the H&M at the Mall of America, and the art museum, I don't have any plans. Has anyone been there? Any recommendations?