Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The two capitals of Bolivia are La Paz and Sucre

A couple of months back, Sean posted about Clicky, a website that monitors traffic on websites. I joined up, and since then I check in almost daily to see who is looking at my site, why, and from where. I definitely did not get visitors from strange searches like Sean did (although yesterday somebody landed here by searching for "au pair smoking marijuana". In fact, nearly every visitor I get either comes here directly (i.e. already knows about my site) or finds it through a search about something Latin America-related. The most interesting result is that at least once a day, and usually twice, someone arrives at Distant Wanderings by searching for information about Bolivia's capitals.

So here's your answer: La Paz is the administrative capital, and Sucre is the constitutional capital. Although really, I'm not exactly sure what that all means. For old time's sake, here is my old post on this topic.

The searches that lead curious web denizens to my site may not be all that varied, but sometimes they are funny. Here are today's:

  • Google search, Dearborn, MI: "What are the two capitals of Bolivia"
  • Google search, Rohnert Park, CA: "Sassy magazine blogger"
  • Google search, Colombia, SC: "Interesting facts on the Incas and human sacrifices"
  • Google search, Colts Neck, NJ: "'temple of fertility' 'visit get pregnant'"
  • Google search, Sumiswald, Switzerland: "bus movi peru"
  • Google search, Dublin, Ireland: "Funny coca leaf slogans"

    (I also had visitors from Bucharest, Romania; Chihuahua, Mexico; New York, NY; Appleton, WI; Mount Vernon, NY; Timmins, Canada; Geneva, IL; Duebendorf, Switzerland; and San Antonio, TX, but I don't know how these people arrived here.)

    EDIT: It turns out that that visitor from San Antonio is actually ME! How strange. I have no idea why it shows up that way.