Sunday, March 25, 2007

Longest Birthday Ever!

Due to time zone differences and the European switch to Daylight Savings Time which occurred this weekend, my birthday this year (today) lasted 29 hours!! How about that! I may perhaps be more than reasonably amused by this fact because I'm a little delirious due to lack of sleep--I woke up nearly 25 hours ago in Geneva. Unfortunately, all of those hours, minus two during which I enjoyed a nice dinner with my brother and his girlfriend in Philadelphia, have been spent in airports or on airplanes. Also unfortunately, airport employees and customs agents do not seem to notice when it's a person's birthday, and it by no means helps one escape from the tedium of travel nuisances, for example, waiting in line in Gatwick airport for 4 hours.

No matter, none of it can spoil the excellent vacation that I have just finished. It was brilliant! Das was zehr toll! C'était génial! Updates and photos to come soon. But for now, I'm off to bed.

Labels: , ,