Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lost and...Replaced

A few weeks ago I lost my iPod. I still can't believe it's really gone and I expect it to turn up. I've searched my house, my office, and my car, and the relatives I recently visited looked around for it, to no avail. I've got a vacation coming up, which includes a lot of long layovers and several train rides, and I'm going to need some entertainment. But being cheap, and having already pre-spent most of my tax refund on flights, I was hesitant to shell out big bucks on a new one. So when a colleague pointed out the refurbished iPods for sale on the Apple website, that seemed like a great compromise. I'm a little nervous, but from what my colleague (one of our IT guys, so he should know) said, the refurbished iPods are totally reworked and as good as new, and at least 15% cheaper than new ones. I've ordered a 30 GB video iPod, and we'll see how it turns out. I have to say, I'm going to miss being an Old School (2nd generation) iPod owner!

Speaking of music storage, here's just a little reminder that the driver's-side door pocket is not the best place to keep your CDs. It must have fallen out, and been snowed on and driven over for days before I saw it lying there:

Oops