Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Arriving: Miss Daisy

After much discussion and negotiation, I convinced my landlords not to charge me the extra "pet fee", so I made a beeline for the animal shelter and picked out a cat. It wasn't an easy choice, because there were so many cute cats to choose from, but my mom (who was visiting) and I picked out a very adorable, calm and sweet adult cat, and today I finally settled on a name: Daisy. It's a nice, pretty name, in Spanish is Margarita, and this way, if I ever get a boy cat I can name him Catsby.

She's spent the past few days getting the lay of the land (ok, that took about 3 minutes) and scratching gently at all the soft surfaces. Having had cats starting when I was about nine, I should have known better, but I bought her some toys with bells in them and a soft cat bed, all of which she immediately eschewed in favor of the plastic ring off of the milk container and a cardboard box.

She doesn't like to hold still, but I was able to get a few pictures:

Checking out the new digs Sitting