Friday, September 22, 2006

Cut it out!

If you're in a certain age range, you might accompany the title of this post with a combination of hand movements: a scissors, a point of the finger and a jerk of the thumb, made famous by none other than Dave Coulier, TV's Uncle Joey from "Full House" (and rumored bastard ex-boyfriend behind Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughta Know"). It's on my mind today because Mr. Coulier himself is performing (stand-up comedy) tomorrow night here on campus. In the past three weeks, Sean Paul, Bob Dylan, Jungle Jack Hanna and Uncle Joey have performed here. If that doesn't offer something for everyone, I don't know what does. Considering the oldest undergrads were about 11 when "Full House" went off the air, I wondered if he'd get much of an audience from the student body, but then one of the students I work with told me that he and his friends have contests about who knows the most "Full House" trivia. He even knows what the Tanner family's phone number was! I guess I underestimated the power of syndication.

Me, I don't want to go see him unless he brings Diz.