Monday, April 24, 2006

Charity trip to Honduras

In another week I begin another bit of wandering. This time, it's a week-long trip to San Pedro Sula, Honduras as a volunteer for Healing the Children Northeast (HTCNE). I'll be accompanying a group of about 20 doctors and nurses as they spend an intense week performing surgery on Honduran children. My job as administrator will be to organize all the paperwork, coordinate logistics with the hospital that is hosting us, and act as translator between the hosts and patients and the doctors.

All members of HTCNE's medical missions go as volunteers, and are responsible for paying their own airfare. For my trip, I'm also responsible for hotel fees and meals. I am looking for donations to cover my costs, as well as to help raise money for the supplies we will be bringing with us. I would greatly appreciate any amount of money that you felt you could donate to the cause.

Until May 1st, I am selling raffle tickets, $10 each or 3 for $25. Prizes include a week in the Caribbean, a weekend in Philadelphia or dinner and a Broadway show in New York.

After May 1st, you can still donate--you just don't get any raffle tickets.

All donations are tax-deductible. Please e-mail me (see my profile for my e-mail address if you don't know it already) to get more details about how you can help out!

(And please, if you know anyone who might be interested in supporting me, don't hesitate to direct them to this site.)

I'm sure I'll report in from Honduras during the trip, and I'll definitely take lots of photos. In the meantime, wish me luck with all my preparations!