Friday, March 17, 2006

It must be karma...

This morning I got up as usual and stumbled towards the shower. I waited a little while for the water to get hot, but it remained cold. I checked the sinks, and again, no hot water. I thought the water heater´s pilot light must have gone out so I carefully read the instructions and despite my fear of a major explosion, attempted to light it, with no luck. When Marco got up, he tried it too and it still didn´t work. Eventually we came to the conclusion that, yup, you guessed it, we had run out of gas. Of course, the gas guys were busily wandering around below the apartment yelling "OOOOOOOO" so getting a new canister was simple. All we had to do was yell down from the balcony that we needed a large canister in apartment 7; the guy carried it up, installed it, lit the pilot light and took the old canister away. And presto, hot water. So, despite being a nuisance, it turned out to be helpful to have the gas truck come by. I guess that´s what I get for complaining.