Sunday, February 12, 2006

That good, huh?

Perky ........ Getting Sleepy... ......... Collapsed

So I got down to work, writing a cover letter to apply for a job I found online. The annoying paper clip popped up, saying "Looks like you're writing a letter!" in its perky little way, but I was too preoccupied to close it down all the way and just left it there in the corner. I struggled for a long time to write the letter (those things are no fun) and somewhere along the line I looked over and the paper clip's eyes had started drooping. I swear I caught it yawning a couple of times. Before I knew it, it had curled up into a little ball, all the while staring at me with its beady, suspicious little eyes. It would occasionally perk up again and stand up with a smirk on its face as if mocking me in my repeated deletions and re-phrasings, before starting the process over and over again. Then for one period so brief I didn't have time to snap a picture, it curled into a contorted position so twisted it would be impossible to achieve in a real paper clip without the help of a pair of needle-nose pliers. In my frustration, it seemed to me that it had actually died of boredom, or perhaps horror. I fear this does not bode well for my chances of getting the job.