Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Countries I've Visited

This is cool. I found this site where you can make a map of the countries you've visited. It's pretty detailed--you can see the white dots for Liechtenstein, Andorra, San Marino, and the Channel Islands, as well as El Salvador, nestled in amongst the red. And if you look closely, you can see the little red dot for Puerto Rico! (Which apparently counts as a country, like at the Olympics).




I thought 34 was a lot of countries, but look at all that white space! Looks like I've got some more traveling to do.

At the same site, you can also create a map of the states you've visited. I counted only the ones I've spent the night in; driving through or changing planes doesn't count--or else I could've added six states to my current total of 29. Is it just me, or does seeing California and Massachusetts colored red seem really unnatural?