Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Damas y Caballeros...

Well, here I am at the airport, waiting for the announcement for my flight to board, and taking advantage of the internet access. I´ve been in Guayaquil for the past couple of days, which is a good way to prepare for going home, because first of all it´s HOT (which should prepare me for the New England heat wave) and also it´s really not a very nice city (not to mention that my hotel is like a prison and smells like mildew), so it just makes me want to get out of here! But I had a couple nice strolls along the riverside boardwalk, and checked out a park with iguanas in it. I wanted to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but since it is (in theory at least) for children, it´s dubbed in Spanish, and I figured it wouldn´t be quite the same, so I´ll wait. The other options were House of Wax (with Paris Hilton) and an Adam Sandler movie which I suspect came out a long time ago. So, no air-conditioned movie theater to escape the heat.

I´m not feeling too philosophical today, so I´ll come back in a couple of days to reflect on my trip and on the future of Distant Wanderings.