Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My feet

I have been giving my feet a workout. I think I´ve had a total of around 6 blisters, including one which is somehow underneath the skin on the ball of one of my feet, as strange as that seems. I walk a lot, obviously, so they sometimes get tired. And today I did something a little crazy which will surely have immediate painful effects for my feet: I bought a pair of tango shoes. I am taking some lessons, and I have no good shoes to wear. I had to buy some, so I figured I might as well buy real ones. It´s a totally crazy thing to do, especially because now I have to carry them in my backpack where space is at a premium. Also, I will almost surely never ever wear them again (so look for them on e-bay shortly after I return) but actually I kind of like them, and they certainly make me feel like I can dance. I´ll see how my next class goes and let you know.

I have mostly been wearing one particular pair of sandals, and as a result my feet have developed a particular pattern. Here is the photo if you want to take a look. The feet don´t look so good in this one, because it was hot and they´d recently been dipped in the aforementioned Rio de la Plata, which you can see in the photo.