Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hey! I know that song!

Did it ever happen to you that you hear a song in a public place and you know it and you really want to stop someone and tell them that you know it? That's happened twice to me in the past 24 hours. I've been listening to the I Am Sam soundtrack a lot (Beatles covers performed by various pop artists) and last night the hostel (which constantly has music playing by the bar and on the patio out by the pool) played it. When I heard the first lines of Aimee Mann and Michael Penn singing "Two of Us" I just wanted to run up to someone and say, hey, I know this one, I was listening to it just yesterday! It's a really good cd! But that person would certainly look at me as if I was a little loca. Then this morning they played a song that we listened to last week as a vocab and listening exercise in my Spanish class. It's a good thing I have this blog...this way I can tell you about these songs, and you can think I'm crazy, but I don't have to know about it.